Allotment 76 - Rachael and Gavin's Growing Diary

The highs and lows of allotment vegetable growing in the UK.

Some shots from today

Decided to get serious with my intervention between bramble and Russian vine, two plants I've come to realise have a massive sense of self entitlement. Nothing grows underneath them though, which means we have an almost clear bed of leaf mould, so it's not all bad.


Some pics from today, hopefully not too random :)


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Also, I saw my first Harlequin today. Last year the media did their best to replace their usual "OMG we're all gonna die!" with "OMG all the lady birds are going to die!" due to the arrival of these little beasties. Well I've seen loads of two and seven spots this year and this is the first Harlequin I've come across. And it didn't even bite me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.