Allotment 76 - Rachael and Gavin's Growing Diary

The highs and lows of allotment vegetable growing in the UK.

Getting there

A one week gap between visits has left my best tomato plants looking decidely sorry for themselves, although the fruits are fine and ripening nicely. I've fed them with organic sea weed fertiliser after giving them a really good drink; so hopefully they'll perk up.

Some good chillis sized chillis are now coming.

Generally now taking the fruits of my labour rather than planting anything worthwhile. Tomatoes, radishes, mint, broad beans are all coming through nicely.

The beans are interesting, the plants are tiny but the beans are normal looking. Will continue to sit on the fence about them. The runners I planted are coming up.

Second batch of white sprouting brocolli are looking much better than the first. Glad I put them in.

One, and only one courgette so far. Most distressing.

Wasps have made a nest in my nettle patch, which needs sorting.

Interesting Black/Silver flat spiders in the greenhouse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.